Vivez Bien * Live Well

Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Desk Job



 I haven't blogged for a while. Some of you (including my husband) might find it hard to believe, but I just couldn't think of anything to say. I was, you could say, an empty vessel. A bit like my teenage children. (Don't worry, they don't read my blog so their self esteem will remain intact.) I sat at my desk for a few days, waiting for inspiration to strike....nothing! So I did what any sensible person would do in this situation.....


 I re-organised my desk.

 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Office Space | The Legal Career Girl

 I'm not talking about filing or catching up on admin here.... that would be far too productive!


No, I'm talking about finding a nice container for my pens, finding another matching container for my scissors, finding yet another pretty container that matched the other 2 and then having to think of something to put in it! This was important stuff I was dealing with!

 

I then had to find a suitable tray to contain the containers! Then I needed to find a suitably attractive box to house all the paperwork that needs to be filed. (It probably would have been quicker to actually do the filing). Finally I needed to acquire some cute notebooks to write down all the blogging ideas that I would think of when I wasn't so busy re-organising my desk.

#IndigoPaper #Poppin #Office

Not content to leave it at that, I then needed to cut some flowers and greenery from my garden to put in a vase. Find another vessel for my paperclips. Realise that my multi-coloured paperclips didn't suit the colour scheme, so had to sort through them and pick out the matching colours. I did mention that this was important stuff here. Other people can waste their time faffing about with world peace etc.

Image Via: Sacramento Street

While in the midst of this frenzy, I had a revelation .... why not do a blog post about prettying up your desk.

Lacie Desk Accessories #potterybarn

So if you are battling to find inspiration for a project or just feel like putting off some boring paperwork, try a little desk refurbishing. It might be just what you need.

 { Dress up your desk } www.bibleforfashion.com/blog #bibleforfashion

You could go the route of pretty and feminine...

 Stylizimo - Design Voice - Ferm Living in the office

....refined minimalism...

sophisticated desk decor #hometour #office #theeverygirl

...sophisticated bling...

 LOVE this tray and arrangement of desk items // mint love social club

....classic elegance...

Adult office space

....modern rustic....

More wicked decor ideas here - http://dropdeadgorgeousdaily.com/2014/01/geometric-homewares-square/

 ...gorgeous glamour...

Cane chair with custom pillows on Life's Little Jems - Glitter Guide: A Shopping List

....monochrome magic...

Compact Home Office On A Landing

...coastal chic...

home office ideas fold away wood and metal desk

...industrial edge...


...garden green...

http://www.gloanna.com/img/2014/3/fair-unique-writing-desk-and-metal-chair-design-feat-bold-green-home-office-wall-painting-plus-framed-photos-decor-618x928.jpg

...a touch of the tropics...

http://housetohome.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/96/0000192a4/d0d4_orh550w550/Vintage-table-and-chair-in-yellow-room--Country-Homes-and-Interiors--Housetohome.co.uk.jpg

... or verdant vintage.

However, if none of these push your buttons and your desk looks more like this....


...don't despair. Take heart in these words by Albert Einstein —
 'If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?'

Till next time

Sharon x

Images via Pinterest and Tumblr


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that was such a cute post! That last picture looks like my office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I love having pretty things around me, it make everyday tasks so much more fun!
    I'm due to freshen up mine now, Thanks for sharing your desk with us!
    Best,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad's desk looks just like that last photo! Thanks for all this gorgeous desk inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    This was such a clever post. I have lately felt the same, what topic hasn't been covered every which way by me and others in the blog world. I really liked all of the desks you've shared. It makes me want to organize my desk...wonder if I could come up with a great post idea doing that? :-)
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay – I'm doing my home office this very minute for exactly the same reason. Would love to know what color paint you have on your walls… Did I spy a settle beautiful gray? Exact paint chip number would be awesome if you have it. (TYIA)

    ReplyDelete