Vivez Bien * Live Well

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Good Cheer and a Good Chair



 This time of year when everything happens, from year-end functions to prize-givings to school music concerts to farewell parties, has me in a permanent state of mild panic that I have let something slip through the cracks. The thing that keeps me going is the reward of the lazy days following Christmas when all that is required is a quiet spot, a good book and a G&T. I would also be happy with a magazine and a glass of wine or even a sketchpad and a spritzer, I'm flexible like that. You might have noticed a common trend amongst these different scenarios. Yes... I can see you thinking....this girl always needs a drink... but the truth is...it's all about the chair! When I dream about these lazy days, I always picture myself in an oversized garden chair!

 

The kind that's big enough for a nap if I feel the urge...


.... a blanket or throw at hand if the weather becomes a little chilly...

 

...a little table on the side to hold the beverage of choice... 


....under the dappled shade of a tree would be preferable...


 .... but on a shady patio would also be fine...



 Of course, a chaise longue version would make life really comfortable..

...or a matching ottoman to rest my weary legs...

 



But I think my ultimate would be this version with the "slidy-out" footrest. Yes...this is the one for my Christmas list please....Father Christmas...if you're listening!


Till next time


Sharon x


3 comments:

  1. Such a good look. I do like how versatile the pull out chaise is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    I love wicker chairs. We have a pair of huge, comfy chairs with a pull out ottoman that are so comfortable to sit in with a good book.
    Fun post.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a great wicker chair...that first one I love!

    ReplyDelete